Are your other services from WVT working?
You may experience a loss of Internet connectivity from time to time. The good news is it’s usually a temporary condition that you can fix. Here are some tips to getting you back up and running. If your phone service is not working there could be a service outage in your area. Contact our repair department for updates.
Check your Connection.
Check the line from the wall to the modem to ensure it is properly connected. Also check any Ethernet cables connected to your computer, router (if you have one) and modem.
Reboot your modem & Home Network
Follow the steps in order:
- Unplug the power from your modem. If you are also using a battery backup you will need to disconnect the battery from the modem.
- Unplug the power from the router (if you have one).
- Plug the modem back in and wait until it has fully restarted. This can take up to a few minutes. If you are using a battery backup, reconnect the battery to the modem.
- Plug the router back in and wait 30 seconds.
- Check your internet connection by opening a new web browser window.
- If you still have no Internet connectivity, restart your computer and then repeat step 5.
- If you are still experiencing an issue after following the steps above, please follow the “Bypass the Router instructions below.
Bypass the Router
This process is done to determine if you have a problem with the router in your home.
- Trace the Ethernet wire from the modem to the wireless router.
- Remove the wire from the router and plug directly into a laptop or desktop. Once done reboot all equipment.